Wednesday, April 15

Best of the NW! What a Great Sale!

Mom called today to tell me about a great sale at a local grocery store tomorrow. Suddenly, a few sentences into our call she remembered my experiment, and said, "Oh Honey, I totally forgot you weren't buying food this month."

This is a very good example of a "deal" a lot of families aren't able to take advantage of or enjoy. Two pounds of cheddar cheese for $4.69. Two gallons of milk for $3.69. Lean ground beef for $1.49/pound. Ten pounds of potatoes for $1.49. It's an ad that I'm sure will draw a lot of people. The store is calling this their "Best of the Northwest" sale. But for families who don't have money left over, even the best sale in the Northwest won't help them.

Of course I'm bummed about missing out on this great sale too. But it makes me grateful that I'm missing out as part of an experiment and not because I simply cannot afford to put food on the table. And it increases my awareness and compassion for those who are missing out because they don't have the extra funds this month to stock up.

Do you want to make a difference? You can!! Donate to any charity that offers hunger relief and tell us about the charity you chose and what makes it special in your community.

No comments:

Post a Comment