Monday, April 13

Food is Just Not That Interesting Anymore

The weirdest thing is starting to happen. Take the convenience and the selection out of food -- and after a while, it goes back to being what it was intended for. Fuel. The fun of food -- the indulgence and the overindulgence, comes in the creativity, the abundance, the convenience, adn the shared experiences of eating what we want, where we want, when we want, as much as we want -- with who we want.

It's not that I have come to dislike food. Food is great. It's especially great when it's shared with friends and when we get to eat whatever sounds good at the time. And until I attempted this experiement, I had no idea how much food I had actually stockpiled.

I could probably still eat from my cupboards for another month from today! But the truth is, food is just not that interesting anymore. What is interesting? People have become more interesting. Instead of looking forward to what's for dinner, I've started looking forward to who might like to come over for a cup of coffee. It's a nice change - a healthy change -- and another change worth celebrating. This experiment is something I would recommend. It's perspective changing in a positive way.

Follow me on Twitter @ Job_Security.

No comments:

Post a Comment